The 2010 inaugural Gretton Music Festival proved a very popular village event with excellent attendances and superb reviews. This year’s festival is held over the August Bank Holiday weekend, 26th - 29th August, a
traditional time for relaxing and enjoying the summer sunshine.
The festival programme kicks off at The Talbot at 8pm on Friday 26th with local talent Alive Again featuring James Talbot & Sam Powell. The weekend also includes
· The Blue Bellfeaturing a new local acoustic super group "Unplugged & Thirsty" on Friday, this is followed by Traditional Peruvian melodies with "Cosmic Inca" on Saturday 27th and "Replica" on the Monday 29th
· The Hatton Arms repeating the very popular "Open Mic Sessions" on Monday 29th.
· The Talbot hosting"Kelly & Hayley" with family BBQ and hot pork & stuffing baps on Monday 29th
· “A Box at the Opera”introducing opera singer and broadcaster Martin McEvoy on Saturday 27thwith a follow up to last year’s successful opera master class.
· The Village Hall in association with Northants Touring Artspresents Hoagy, Hornpipes, Handel & Hoedown
from Hilary James & Simon Mayor.
· Gretton Baptist Chapel was a delightful “hit” last year with “Your favourite hymns” and is repeating their successful formula on Sunday 28th.
· Lydia's hosting a "Children's Sing Along" on the Village Green on Saturday 27th, followed by youth Dance from "The Creative Movement Project" and a unique event featuring local musician, "Eirfon Jones and his Ukulele band"!
· An evening of well known popular music from the world of Opera, Operetta, The West End and
Broadway. Featuring a cast of outstanding Soloists from the National Opera Companies. The Summer
Gala Concert is introduced by Martin McEvoy on Sunday 28th.
For more details including times of all events and box office etails visit www.grettonmusicfestival.com
for something completely different! Have you ever wanted to be a Busker? If so the festival offers a unique opportunity. There’ll be a special Busker’s Pitch available on the Saturday & Sunday at The Village Post office. Visit the Buskers Page at www.grettonmusicfestival.com for more details and to reserve your slot!