The festival is held over the August Bank Holiday weekend a traditional time for relaxing and enjoying the summer sunshine.
The Gretton Music Festival 2011 features a full programme for every taste, all hosted at local village venues. This year’s programme includes
· The Blue Bell featuring local talent with a new event "Unplugged & Thirsty"
· The Hatton Arms repeating the very popular "Open Mic Sessions"
· The Talbot hosting Gurning Wurm & BBQ and hotpork & stuffing baps
· Gretton Baptist Chapel was a delightful “hit” last year with “Your favourite hymns” and is repeating the successful formula this year.
· Groovy Tots & Fabulous French hosting pre-school singing and dancing on the Village Green
· Martin McEvoy’s “Anyone Can Sing!” master class
· Expect a big Opera announcement with international talent. Details available soon.
Finally visit www.grettonmusicfestival.com for an up to date programme of events.
Expect new event announcements all the time including Gretton School PSA, St. James Church, The Gretton Folk Club & Lydia’s .
Finally something new.
Have you ever wanted to be a Busker? If so the festival offers a unique opportunity. There’ll be a special busker’s pitch available on the Saturday & Sunday at the Village Post office.